Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Escondido Firemen are great!

This is a late post, but still something I wanted to write about. The boys and I went on a walk a few months (yes, months!) back and just happened to come across our local fireman doing some hose drills at the end of our street! Chase was conveniently dressed in his fireman outfit and squirtgun (hose) since he was going to fight some "fires" while on our walk. Needless to say the fireman were quite impressed with his outfit and even more so was Chase impressed to see fireman so close up and doing some "real" work!! I can't say how excited I was as a mother to see how those men interacted with the boys and got them involved with some of the equipment!! Here are some pictures to show you how excited Chase was!

Chase caught their attention!

watching

so excited to be holding a real fire hose!!

Even more excited to be spraying one!

helping the ladder go down

ready for a call

waiting to watch a hose drill

being put to work

he was able to roll the whole thing!

he was asking if he could put the sirens on

Riley even got a turn at the driver's seat!

this was how he was not too long after we got home!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

oh my stinking word! That is absolutely precious!! I had tears in my eyes a little bit. :-) His face when he has the hose is priceless. Love that kid, oh and Riley too. :-)

I'm glad I was able to spend some time with them! xoxox

Our Plain Life said...

love this!! i totally think you should print out a pic or two and send it to the firehouse with a thank you note (or if you really want to be sweet deliver some cookies) saying how much you made this little guy's day! :) so so cute!

Linda Brinks said...

It was so special to see these pics!! Like Rachel, tears.
Agree with Rebecca too, a thank you note and a picture with some goodies would be a big hit!!
Those are treasured pictures indeed.

anna said...

At least I was more on the ball to send a thank you! I made a page with a nice note with selected pictures around and then had the boys color some fire trucks. I definitely wanted to do a big thank you since it was such a cool experience!!

anna said...

See "reply" to Jim's mom! I didn't do cookies but made sure to send a thank you!!

anna said...

We loved having you here!!! Please come back soon! 😊